Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head

Long live the rains.. After getting grilled, roasted and boiled in sequence the monsoons have arrived!!! Whether its drizzling, pouring, or just plain raining rain brings out the child in everyone.. Hearing the drops of water drip from the trees with a soft plink ponk sound is so soothing.. Just cuddle up under a comforter and let the rain sing you a lullaby.. Go out!! Get drenched!! Forget your grown up dignity and splash in puddles.. You have nothing to fear but colds.. Aaaaaaaah rains.. Also the time for yummy food!! The glutton in me salivates at the thought of all those finger-licking pakoras, samosas, kachoris, kichuri with begun and ilish maach bhaja. Speaking of ilish as we know the humble hilsa, this is literally the season to gorge on it.. In all forms.. from bhaanpa to bhaja, paturis, or just plain jhol.. This fish will tingle your tastebuds like no other.. All this talk of food is making me hungry!! and nostalgic for my Didur haather ranna ( food cooked by my grandmother). Rains also make my usually lazy self even more lazier!! I really envy all those ppl who are waterlogged.. Just call in sick and snooze away till kingdom come!! And rainy nights!! Do you need anymore excuse to cuddle up and "Listen to the rhythm of the falling rain" ?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was more abt ur food thn the rains .. nice one though !!
the level headed one

the psychotic psychic said...

he he he!!! food and rains are coexistent for me..